I was reading over my message, and I realized I didn't write a major point
to my thoughts on this topic.  If you forgot or didn't read my previous
message, I would ask that you scroll to the bottom and read it, or else you
may be completely lost with this.

I had compared a proud person to a tree at the top of a mountain.  The tree
at the top of a mountain doesn't receive the water it needs to live; the
water just washes over the tree/roots and then runs down the mountain.  It
doesn't stay to sustain the tree.  Likewise, when somebody corrects a
person, a proud person will never accept the correction- it will just 'wash'
off the person and run down to nowhere-land.  They will stay the same and
never grow.  A humble person is likened to a tree in the valley: a humble
person will accept the correction.  They will at least listen to what is
said and think about it; correction will not wash off a person w/ humility.

Again, it goes back to arrogance and open-mindedness.  The proud person will
be arrogant and think, "I don't need any correction!  I do it all the best
way, so there is no reason for anyone to correct me!"  or they will think,
"How dare they correct me!  I know everything!"  A humble person, on the
other hand, will thank the person that gave the correction, think about what
is said and figure out if it really is good or not.  In short, they're
open-minded.

And to save the best for last, the most important reason why we should not
be proud:
If you are proud, you are relying on your own strength.  Your sense of
self-sufficiency, your self-centeredness and your intellectual pride will
prevent God from coming into your life.  SINCE YOUR MIND AND HEART ARE
ALREADY FULL GOD CANNOT FILL THEM AGAIN.  It is very simple to understand.
This paragraph inspired me when I was discouraged.  If you're discouraged,
it means that you are proud.  If you're proud... well, go back to the top of
this paragraph and read it again.  It's easy to understand.  I got this
paragraph from a friend of mine.  I didn't think this part up, so I can't
take credit for the best part of my message.  :-)

With that I shall close my writing on this topic.  I hope I have not put the
reader to sleep.  Thank you for your patience, and thank you for reading!

In Christ,

Christine
Philadelphia, PA
USA