Thought for the week:

DON'T QUIT. KEEP PLAYING!

A mother wishing to encourage her son's progress at the piano,
bought tickets to a Paderewski performance. When the evening
arrived,they found their seats near the front of the concert hall
and eyed the majestic Steinway waiting on stage. Soon the mother
found a friend to talk to, and the boy slipped away.

At eight o'clock, the lights in the auditorium began to dim, the
spotlights came on, and only then did they notice the boy, upon the
bench, innocently picking out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". His
mother gasped, but before she could retrieve her son, the master
appeared on the stage and quickly moved to the keyboard.

He whispered to the boy. "Don't quit. Keep playing." Leaning
over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling
in the bass part. Soon his right arm reached around the other side
and improvised a delightful obligato. Together, the old master and
the young novice held the crowd mesmerized.

In our lives, unpolished though we may be, it is the Master who
surrounds us and whispers in our ear time and time again, "Don't
quit. Keep playing." And as we do, He augments and supplements,
until a work of amazing beauty is created.