Loving Friend,

Some more food for DEEP thought.

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming
home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his
parents from San Francisco.
"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to
ask. I have a friend I'd  like to bring home with me."
"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know the son continued,
"he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped
on a land mine and lost an  arm and a leg. He has
nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with
us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him
find somewhere to live."
"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."
"Son," said the father,"you don't know what you're
asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a
terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to
live,and we can't let something like this interfere
with our lives. I think you should just
come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way
to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents
heard nothing  more from him. A few days
later,however, they received a call from the San
Francisco police. Their son had died after falling
from a building,they were told. The police believed it
was suicide. The  grief-stricken parents flew to
San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to
identify the body of their son.
  They recognized him, but to their horror they also
discovered something they didn't know, their son had
only one arm and one leg.

Do we dawn the attitude of those  parents atimes?

May Jesus give each one of us the grace to be Like him
and have His attitude all the time.

Jesus Bless

Betty