From: "Christine Antony" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JOYnet] Salvation
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 09:51:51 -0400

Have you ever noticed that the word "Salvation" is almost strictly a
Christian vocabulary word?  (With the exception of Judaism.)  I haven't
heard this word in the vocabulary of any of my non-Christian friends.  It's
quite interesting.  So what could that possibly mean?  There's no such thing
in other religions, possibly?  That's one take on it.  But I could also be
extremely wrong when I say that Salvation is a Christian vocab word.

I do think that people of all religions are saved.  Our God is a merciful
God.  To Him, there really isn't a difference between all the different
denominations of Christians.  He doesn't care if he's called God, Father,
Christ, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Alpha and Omega, Allah... etc, etc, etc.  A
rose will always smell and be pretty by whichever name it is called.  Just
the same, no matter what we call God, He is still the same all-powerful,
almighty and ever-loving Father.  All that matters to Him is that we love
each other.  By doing so, we love Him, because He lives in each of us- He
made each of us in His own image and likeness.  If you are a true Christian,
you should realize this.  As Christians, though, I think we have more to
live up to since we are more educated in what God wants of us.  Just because
we're baptized doesn't mean we're automatically saved.  We have to work to
be saved.  It's a hard earned gift.  God is a very responsible Father- he
will only give what is rightly due to you.  He won't just give gifts if you
don't do work.

As for Hindus and Buddhists, well, it's very tricky, I think.  God is
merciful.  If you love each other, you love him, so if a Hindu loves
everyone around him, respects the lives around him and lives an honest life,
I don't see why he wouldn't be received in Heaven.  Since he hasn't studied
The Bible, he wouldn't be required to do all that is asked.  A sin isn't a
sin until you KNOW that what you are doing is wrong.  If you do something
w/out knowing that it is wrong, then it isn't a sin.

That's about all I'd like to say about that right now.

In Christ,
Christine

PRAY FOR KAIROS!

--