Hi all !
I am Fr. Rafi Kootumkal from Ecuador missions.
Glad to send you mails again. I have been in a place
from where it was impossible to send emails. Now I am
back again.
Today I went to a remote village of our mission. It is
a really a mission area  with thick forest and hills.
The people who live there are mainly shepherds. When
we entered the village the guide told us that there is
a death in a family, a child is dead. So we went in
search of that house. It was a small hut, on four
wooden pillars, alone, on the top of a hill. But when
we reached there we could not find any one. So we
stayed outside the house for some time. Then came a
young man who introduced himself as the father of the
dead child. We asked him:" Can we enter your house?"
He allowed us. When we entered, we saw the dead body
of a small girl on a white cloath. Inside the house
there was none except the dead child. I went out and
invited the father of the child to come and pray with
us for his daughter. But he refused to come. Then I
asked him:"What is the name of the child"? To my
surprise he said:" I don't know. You ask its mother".
He was not angry with us. He really meant it, he did
not know the name of his child!
After a prayer we started our mission journey again,
with gloomy faces. Every one felt sad for that little
girl.
When I write this mail her face is in front of me. May
the Good Lord who knows everything give her eternal
reward. Please pray for her.

rafiachan
For regular News updates go to http://in.news.yahoo.com