Dear Joynetters,

I happened to read the scripture Matthew 13:31-32, "He put another parable before
them, "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his
field.  It is the smallest of all the seeds, but when it has grown it is the biggest
shrub of all and becomes a tree so that the birds of the air come and shelter in its
branches."

I want to encourage everyone to do great works for God even if, in your eyes and other
people's eyes, it is only a small work.  That is how great big shrubs and trees come
about in the Kingdom of God.  It starts small, very small, like a mustard seed and
then later it grows.  But it has to start somewhere and with someone and Jesus has
said that it starts small like a mustard seed.

This also gives us reason to rejoice and be grateful both for the love of God and the
love of others.  Other people in the past were willing to start small works for God
and now today we get to enjoy the beauty and shelter of very large shrubs and trees
(the Church).

And in truth, the small works and apostolates that we fulfill as lay missionaries of
the Church will one day also provide future generations with the shelter of the Church
and God's Kingdom here on earth as it is in Heaven.

Love of Christ the King,

--
Lukas Stevens
Minnesota