Hello Family,

The teaching on tithing was something that attracted me when i started my
life as a JY.That was when i was studying for Final MBBS,at Kottayam ,Med
College.some of us decided to give tithing of whatever money we get.viz;
scholar ship,Pocket money or if we were given 1000 Rs from home for hostel
exp etc,we'll give 100 for the Lord.We used that mopney to buy spiritual
books to circulate among us or give to the poor or so. I still remember what
i did with my first tithing.I prayed,"Lord show me some body who's in need
of money". That evening,after coming from home ,i was talking with one of
my class mate, and she shared with me her diffi in paying fee that
month.During the last 4 years we never had a talk like that  and i never
knew that she had such a story!!and i offered her whatever i could.That
night i thanked God so much and i knew how GOd answers our prayers and
guides us.Even now its God who leads us to those in need.And i would like to
say that its not a generosity from our part when we do that ,but its our
duty to do so.

When i received my first stipend as a House surgeon, i took it to my mother
and told her the  teaching on tithing.And i asked her whether we can give it
to Navajeevan.i thought she may object (being a Hindu).But to my great
surprise,she told me" eh,what can they do with your 100 Rs? So instead why
don't you give the whole 1000 Rs to them? Plus she gave me something more
from her side to give also!!! I could not stop my tears at her reply.And
what not ,after that, every month she used to suggest some body in need to
us.Which she does even today.

Once i told my mom that i want to send 100 rs to my friend who is very
poor.My sister who heard that told me... "Chaechi,why don't we do something
else? This 100Rs may help her for a while,instead if we could collect a few
tithings together and buy her something,like a watch or a bangle,will help
her more since its time for her marriage ,I can also give you my
tithing".That sounded great and we did that. My mom also contributed to the
rest of the money needed when it was time.

Encouraged by this response from my house(who were Hindus),i used to tell
about the need of tithing to all my friends,to my surprise one of my Hindu
friend,who was from Delhi,told me "Sindhu,why don't you give my tithing also
to Navajeevan?"And i should say that; starting with tithing ,that discussion
enabled me to share the Good News with her. I've been praying for her ever
since i met Jesus.Now she's married to a Christian and is in Germany.Praise
the Lord.

I'll share some more on this topic tomorrow;Since my Rose mol is awake from
her sleep and has started to look for me.

In JOY ful communion with Jesus,
Sindhu,
Chicago,USA.