Hi Netters,

I'd like to share in the JOYnet something that happened during my vacation
last month. Something where the good God showed that he cares for His
beloved.

It was a Saturday morning around 6 O'Clock, when the phone rang and I picked
up the receiver. It was a relative of mine telling, "Bella aunty was found
fallen on the side of the road and is now lying unconscious in our house'.
Bella aunty is my wife's grand-aunty. I woke up my friend (who also is my
wife's sister's husband) and we went to where Bella aunty was lying. She was
all cold as she had been lying out in the cold for over an hour. She is
around 75 years old was on her way to church (she was a frequent church
goer). She could not even speak. We took her to the nearest hospital and
there on examination we found that she had an injury at the back of the
head, an impact of the fall. The nurses gave the necessary first aid and the
doctor adviced us to keep her there under observation for another 3 hours to
check for possible concussion symptoms like vomitting, etc. 3 hours went by
and nothing happened. She did not regain conciousness and so the doctor
adviced for her to be taken to the Trivandrum Medical College. We did so and
the doctors asked for some tests to be done - ECG, BP, etc. She was then
transferred to the ward, and a day later the doctor adviced for a CT Scan to
be done to check for possible damage to the brain. The CT scan confirmed
that she had 2 broken nerves. The doctors said that they could not operate
owing to her very old age and so prescribed a number of medicines. For
almost 2 weeks she lived on just medicines and Glucose with no improvement.
Later her body could not intake anymore glucose and also the nurses found it
hard to trace a vein to inject any medicine. She was discharged from the
hospital and the discharge sheet said "Discharged against medical advice"
which is a formality by doctors there to keep off from any responsibility in
case the patient dies. Our parish priest was taken to the hospital bed to
give her the 'avastha' her last sacrament. On hearing the prayer of the
priest my friend felt inside him that Bella aunty would survive. The
sacramental prayer was powerful. The Medical College had referred the
patient to our local government hospital. When checking with the local
hospital and showing the discharge sheet to the doctor there he said that
there was nothing they could do and so they could not accept her there. With
no other choice we took her home. All medication was stopped. We started
feeding her with liquid food like gruel, coconut water, and medically
adviced additional liquid nutrients. She had a rosary kept in her hand and 2
to 3 days after coming home we noticed her moving the beads one by one.
Later she could open her eyes and recognize people and talk, but was still
very weak. Now she talks with no problems, remembers well and body parts are
functioning well. The only thing she cannot do now is get on her feet. By
God's grace we feel that in a couple of weeks she will be back on her feet.

I thank our good God for the care He has been bestowing on Bella aunty and
on all of us whom He loves. Our Father is full of love. He is love alone.
Praise be to Him forever.

Regards in Christ,

Samji / Dubai