>Dear friends,

Of late some people send messages saying the Pope is seriously ill and
therefore pray for him. Today there was one such message. When I checked up
with the news agencies I saw His Holiness Pope John Paul II receiving
visitors and tomorrow (Sunday) he is going to beatify some great Christians.
Praying for the Pope is good and all Catholics should pray for him and all
church leaders. But please don't spread rumours.
I work on the News Desk of an English daily and i get news and pictures of
the Pope and all other events all over the world. If there is a serious
news I come to know without much delay.
With love and prayers
Joseph Lonth
News Desk, Khaleej Times