From: Joseph Lonth
To: Jesus Youth
Sent: 11/3/2001 9:48:20 PM
Subject: [JOYnet] Re: Receiving Holy Communion

Dear Lyann,

Most Chirstians waste time worrying about trivial things
and ignore the
most important and vital things. This is the trick of the
devil who is a liar.
MT 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority
in heaven and on
earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make
disciples of all
nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of
the Son and of the
Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have
commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the
age."
MT 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven;
whatever you
bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you
loose on earth will
be loosed in heaven."
>From the verses quoted above the Church is authorised to
continue the work
of Jesus on earth. As we know that the Bible -- the Word of
God -- is
revealed by the Holy Spirit we should also understand that
the same Spirit
is guiding the Church.
However, we the members of the Church being human beings
and are vulnerable
to the assault of the liar often tend to believe in the
logic of the world
and forget the power, love and mercy of the heavenly
Father.
The point is forget all the arguments about receiving the
Holy Communion in
hand or mouth. The essence is whether you and I believe in
the presence of
Jesus in the eucharist. If you believe, that is all. Jesus
is in you and
you are in Jesus. All other things are immaterial. Like the
child who
paraphrased the psalm: PS 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd, (I
shall not be in)
that is all I want.
Take it easy. Don't go by unsubstantiated quotations and
apparitions. When
the Church declares things relating to issues of faith and
morals they are
not personal likes or dislikes of the leaders but the views
of the Holy
Spirit. Therefore, they are infallible.
God bless you
With love and prayers