30 November

Satan’s power is overshadowed by his imminent defeat.
Our Enemy: His Power

1 Peter 5:8-11

The Bible does not downplay the power that the enemy
has. Never does God’s Word tell us that the devil
isn’t someone we should be worried about or even turn
an ear to; rather, we are instructed to be alert—to be
very alert—for any wiles the enemy might throw our
way.

Peter describes Satan as “a roaring lion, seeking
someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). With a description
like that, we easily see that there is reason for
concern. However, Peter shows us why we need not cower
in fear.

Peter writes, “But resist him, firm in your faith,
knowing that the same experiences of suffering are
being accomplished by your brethren who are in the
world . . . To [Jesus] be dominion forever and ever”
(vv. 9, 11).

Our faith is in the One who holds dominion forever and
ever. When we take this truth to heart, we can see how
it is possible to resist the attacks of the enemy. No
matter what he says or how he tries to discourage us,
we can remind him of who our Father is. Regardless of
how Satan attacks us, we serve the living God, who has
dominion over everything, including the enemy.

No longer do we have a reason to fear, even though we
see that the enemy’s power is real. God’s power is
real, too—and it is greater than anything that can
come against us. The Lord wants His children to walk
with their heads held high, for they are part of an
eternal kingdom that will never be defeated.

This Month’s Devotionals

Copyright © 2000, IN TOUCH Magazine. In Touch
Ministries. All Rights Reserved.

Your's in Jesus,
Biji James,
Bangalore

Copyright © 2001 IN TOUCH MINISTRIES. All rights
reserved.
U.S. Phone 800-789-1473 or Contact us | Outside U.S. |
Web Site Problems?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music
Charts
http://uk.my.yahoo.com