Dear  friends  in   Jesus,

A while  ago,  I could just  scan   one  of the  E-mails  sent  to  me  by
one of my  friends.   It  was  on  ?10 commandments of  working  hard?. The
moment,  I  read it,  thought  of   sharing  it  with  all   joynetters.
But  again  confusion  arose  in  my  mind  fearing  that  it  might have
a negative impact   on  the  readers.   Still my  conscience  does not
permit me  to  sit   here without  sending it to the Joynett after  having
realized  that  some of  us  are  following  these commandments  while on
duty.      I  personally  feel    that    the following  would  enable  us
to evaluate/examine ourselves and to  have a  reflection  on   each person?s
  activities/behaviour  etc.   while on job  by which all of  us will be
able to take  appropriate  measures/remedies   to  do   our  utmost  in
whatever we do diligently/honestly.   Because,   we  might be  able  to
succeed  in blinding   our bosses  but  not  our  God  who  is  our
Saviour/Creator  and who  keeps  a vigil  on  our life  on earth  in order
to  reward  us  for  all  that  we  do  during  our earthly  life.

By  your brother  in Christ.

Jolly  Abraham
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E

Sub:    10 COMMANDEMNTS FOR WORKING HARD.

1.  Never  walk without a document  in your hands:

People  with documents  in their hands  look like hardworking employees
heading for important meetings.  People with nothing in their hands look
like they?re  heading for the cafeteria.  People with a newspaper in their
hand look like they?re heading for  the toilet.  Above all, make sure you
carry loads of stuff home with you at night, thus generating the false
impression that you work longer hours than you do.

2. Use computer to look busy:

Any  time you use a computer, it looks like ?work? to the casual  observer.
You can send and receive personal e-mail, chat and generally have a blast
without doing anything remotely  related to work.  These aren?t  exactly
the  societal  benefits that  the  proponents  of  the  computer  revolution
would like to talk about but they?re  not bad either.  When  you get caught
by your boss ? and  you *will* get caught ? your best defense is to claim
you?re  teaching yourself to use new software, thus saving valuable
training dollars;

3. Messy desk:

Top management can get away  with a clean desk.  For  the rest of us, it
looks like  we?re not  working hard enough.  Build huge  piles of documents
around your  workspace.  To the observer, last year?s  work looks the same
as today?s  work;  it?s volume that counts.  Pile them high  and wide.  If
you know somebody is coming to your cubicle, bury the document  you?will
need halfway down in an existing stack and rummage for it when he/she
arrives;

4. Voice Mail:

Never  answer  your  phone if you have  voice mail.  People  don?t  call you
just because they  want to give you something for nothing ? they call
because they want YOU to do work for THEM.  That?s  no way to live.  Screen
all your calls  through voice mail.  If  somebody leaves a voice mail
message for you and it sounds like impending work,  respond during   lunch
hour  when you know they?re not there ? it looks like you?re  hardworking
and conscientious even though you?re  being a devious weasel;.

5. Looking Impatient and Annoyed:

According to George Costanza, one should  also always  try to look
impatient and annoyed to give  your bosses  the impression that you are
always busy.

6. Leave  the office late:

Always  leave the office late, especially when the boss is still around.
You could read magazines  and story books that you always  wanted to read
but have no time until late before leaving.  Make  sure you walk  past the
boss? room on your way out.  Send  important  emails at unearthly hours (eg.
9.35 pm, 7.05 am, etc.)  and during public  holidays:

7.Creative  Sighing for Effect:

Sigh  loudly when there are many people around, giving the impression  that
you are under extreme  pressure.

8. Stacking  Strategy:

It is not enough to pile lots of documents on the table.  Put lots of books
on the floor etc.  (thick computer manuals are the best).

9. Build  Vocabulary:

Read  up  on some computer magazines and pick out  all the jargon  and new
products.  Use the phrases  freely when in conversation with bosses.
Remember:  They  don?t have to understand  what you say,  but you  sure
sound impressive.

10. MOST IMPORTANT:

DON?T forward  this to your boss by mistake!!!!