HELLO REENY,
           NICE MEETING YOU OVER THIS MAIL.
 ANSWERING YOUR DOUBT.

  SAINTS ARE NOT GOD,BUT THEY ARE A MODEL FOR THE
LIVING CHRISTIANS TO FOLLOW THEIR FOOTSTEPS TO ATTAIN
SALVATION.
WHY DO WE PRAY TO SAINTS? IT IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE
ALREADY ENTERED ETERNAL LIFE AFTER FULFILLING THEIR
MISSION ON EARTH AND BEING TOTALLY IN THE COMPANY OF
GOD,THEY PLEAD ON OUR BEHALF TO OUR SAVIOUR TO SAVE
US.
  TAKE AN EXAMPLE OF YOUR OFFICE.IN CASE YOU WANT
LEAVE AND YOU KNOW THAT THE SITUATION IS SUCH THAT
YOUR LEAVE APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED,THEN YOU
DEFINATELY APPROACH SOMEONE WHO IS CLOSE TO YOUR BOSS
AND YOU REQUEST THIS PERSON TO OBTAIN LEAVE FOR
YOU.AND THEN SAY YOUR LEAVE IS GRANTED SO THE PERSON
WHO HAS REQUESTED FOR YOUR LEAVE ON YOUR BEHALF IS
LIKE THE SAINT IN HEAVEN.THE SAME THING HAPPENS WHEN
WE PRAY TO THE SAINTS.
YOU CAN ALSO TELL YOUR FRIEND THAT WE PRAY TO THE
SAINTS BUT WE DO NOT ADORE THEM SO THE QUESTION OF
BREAKING ANY COMMANDMENT DOES NOT ARISE.
THERE IS ALSO A CUSTOM WHERIN WHEN A CHILD IS BORN THE
PARENTS REFER TO THE CHURCH CALENDER ON WHICH YOU CAN
FIND THE SAINT OR SAINTS WHOSE FEAST IS CELEBRATED.
AND SOME PARENTS DO CHOOSE THIS NAME FOR THEIR
CHILD,AS THEY FIRMLY WANT THEIR CHILD TO BE LIKE THAT
SAINT.ALSO THIS SAINT NOW BECOMES THE PATRON SAINT OF
THE CHILD.
REGARDING PRAYING TO THE DEAD.I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU
CAN PRAY TO THE DEAD THAT IS YOUR NEAR AND DEAR ONES.
I KNOW OF A PRIEST WHO TOLD US IN HIS SERMON THAT
WHENEVER HE IS IN NEED OF HELP,HE FIRST PRAYS TO HIS
MOTHER WHO IS DEAD SINCE LONG.
HOPE THIS WILL SERVE YOU TO SOME EXTENT.
LOVE AND PRAYERFUL WISHES,
GREG
hello all..