Hello every one,

I am writing this from Delhi.
I am filled with the beautiful memories of the most joyful moments I had in my life in
Jalandhar with 140 Bishops during the CBCI (Catholic Bishops’ Conference of India)
last night. We ( Raiju, Anu [Shelton’s wife] and I ) reached Jalandhar yesterday
morning and we were heartily welcomed by Fr.Kurian Mattom (former Principal of St.
Thomas College Palai; Jesus Youth Pastor of Palai zone, now the Principal of the first
Christian college in Punjab).
We went to the Bishop’s house and they took us to the Seminary where the CBCI meeting
was going on. At about 7.15 PM, the newly elected Vice-precedent of CBCI, Archbishop
Mar Jacob Thoomkuzhy gave a very good introduction on Jesus Youth and invited us for
presenting our “National Intercession Campaign of Light”. Archbishop ended his
introduction like this - “they put us to shame by sending the Fulltime young
Missionaries to all the parts of India” . Anu gave a beautiful presentation on Divya
Jyothi and the brochures were distributed to all the Bishops. After the presentation,
all the Bishops stood up and the President of CBCI, Archbishop Cyril Mar Basalious
recited a beautiful prayer. Then all the Bishops together blessed the candles. (We
carried 5 candles with us as a symbol of thousands of candles to be distributed all
over India in the coming months).
After that Archishop Cyril lighted the huge candle and and handed it over to us. When
he lighted the candle something beautiful happened – one of the Bishops started
singing “this little guiding light of mine..” and all the Bishops sang the full song
together. We never thought of getting so much time in that tight schedule. But finally
it became such a solemn and prayerful function. All of us were feeling the strong
movement of the Spirit in that hall. I know many of you are praying for this..

Soon after the presentation many Bishops came to the back stage for expressing their
appreciation in the work we do. The Bishop from Amaravathi told us he would have given
a much better introduction for Jesus Youth since he was very happy after sending his
youth for our Tribal youth Exchange programme. On our way back, I met a Bishop from
Bihar( who is basically from Kerala; but settled in Bihar for the last 40 years) and
he put a sign of cross on my forehead and told me he is so happy with Jesus Youth and
is very proud of us.. We came back with lot of good experiences like this..

I think this is a very important step in the history of Jesus Youth. We got this
opportunity and blessing when it was rejected for many other officially approved
Catholic organizations. We have never even got an opportunity to address the KCBC
before.. ( all credits should be given to Raiju who followed this up with different
Bishops continuously and to our Eddychettan who was there in meeting the Bishops and
preparing everything..)
Now I think we have to be more committed to the Church in our activites.. The Spirit
is working on making the theme (which we took for the last National gathering) come
really true…“ Jesus Youth – to serve the Church as a Missionary Movement..”

Sharing the joy of being together in prayer,

In union with Jesus and Mary,
Manoj Sunny