Dear Friends,

Subject: Filter test - Adopt it and life will be
beautiful !

In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold
knowledge in high esteem.

One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and
said, "Do you  Know what I just heard about your
friend?"

 "Hold on a minute," Socrates replied. Before telling
me anything I'd Like you to pass a little test. It's
called the
Triple Filter Test."

 "Triple filter?"  "That's right," Socrates continued.
"Before you talk to me about my  friend, it might be a
good idea
to take a moment and filter what you're going  to say.
That's why I call it the triple filter test.

 The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely
sure that what you  are about to tell me is true?"
"No," the man said, "actually I just heard about it
and..."
"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know
if it's true or not.

Now let's try the second filter, the filter of
goodness. Is what  you  are about to tell me about my
friend something
good?"
"No, on the contrary..."  "So," Socrates continued,
"you want to tell me something bad about  him, but
you're not
certain it's true.

You may still pass the test though,
because there's one filter left: the filter of
usefulness.
Is what you  want to  tell me about my friend going to
be useful to me?"

"No, not really."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell
me is neither true,
nor good nor even useful, why tell it to me at all?"
http://movies.yahoo.com/