I read the input by Priya Joy and am impressed by Viji’s witness account.
Congratulations Priya for the nice entry.

Viji saved a young vendor’s life. It was Jesus who spoke to this needy
person as Viji spoke with him.

I remember a wonderful experience some years back at Banglore. I was
sitting under a tree in a Park and I don’t remember the name of that
park.  I was squatting under a tree and there was another young man under
the same tree. He was not concerned about me or the passersby. There were
many monkeys amusing us at that time but he seemed undisturbed. I
observed him and thought that he was troubled.  I made an effort to speak
with him but to no avail. At last I broke the ice and we were able to
talk. That conversation led him to share his life.

He was seeking job and someone promised him job. He came from Kerala
State, which is in the southern most territory of India.  An agent
tricked him. He had to sell many things including the gold chain of his
little sister to raise 3500Rs.  3500 Rs was a good amount  in the
seventies The exchange rate as I remember was 7.50 Rs to every U.S
Dollar.

This young man, his name I forgot lived a substandard life style in
Banglore,   for six months. The agent got the money but this young man
had no job. He got sick and the agent couldn’t be seen.

When I was about to leave from the park, he held my both hands and asked
“Do you know what you have done today”

“ I gained  one more friend” I said

“No. You saved my life” He said and was teary.

I was speechless.

He said  “ I came here to commit suicide”

This young man was decided to end his life.

He had no money, and no friends to borrow from. He was jobless and was
ashamed to return home or beg. Frustrated and confused, he came to that
place to commit suicide in a lake near by. He was waiting for the right
time and God send me there at the right moment.

I praised my God for sending me there. I went there to sit and refresh
myself. But God saved the life of that young man.

Viji, the full timer at Banglore did a good job.

God wants to know whom to send and Viji heard and

she said, “I will go. Send me” Is.6.8 and she was

send to save lives and to teach the others to pray.

Viji was teary when she read the note “ You taught me HOW TO PRAY”

Praise the Lord. I think this is the kind of ministry, we are called in
for. This will save the souls.

Fr Thomas Mathew/USA