absolutely so! He is a God of love, laughter and happiness! And I love the sense of
humour and the happiness that we all get from our Heavenly father after we acknowledge
ourselves as His children! have'nt u noticed that christians who have a good
relationship wiht their Father are so much more light hearted and jovial than the rest
of the world?!
In Jesus
sheril daniel
Grahamstown, South Africa
  Ravi Vaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi Joynetters,
I totally agree with JJ and welchy,our god is a god of happiness.
St francis of sales ( Don Bosco was inspired by his life to start the salesians) used
to say :" A Sad Saint is a sorry Saint."
he also once said."u can attract more flies with a spoonful of honey than a barrelful
of vinegar".
Don Bosco said "Run, Jump,play,laugh,sing ,shout but dont sin.."
One of the funny things i encountered while reading the bible was this..(I hope no one
is offended).
Why is davids wifes name bathseba...?
becuase he saw her while she was having bath.
Bad PJ but totally original....

Love and Prayers
Ravi

Josun Jose wrote: Yeah buddies I agree with Welchy! My Jesus too is the haha hehe type!

I don't know a Jesus who's crabby and a dull witted. If Jesus was that kind,
you can be sure he won't get me. he can forget having someone like jj to
follow him.

I've heard from the mouths of my father and Jos Mathew, Chicago "always
develop a sense of humor! Don't look as though u've been baptized in vinegar
and confirmed in sulphuric!" I love to hang around with people who have a
fine tuned sense of humour. It improves my face value!

The people who have made the biggest impact on my life were mainly people
who have a fine tuned sense of humour along with integrity.

I've got a gr8 friend of mine whos a priest, a holy priest. Sometimes I
wonder if his middle name is spelt as H-U-M-O-R! He's got a great sense of
it! For any sentence he can put a chuckle on the face of his hearers. I
remember once I met him after he had a minor accident- he fell from a height
and dislocated his ankle. I entered his room and he was there with a cast on
his leg. I proffered my hand saying " I'm sorry father it seems u had a bad
fall!" and he retorted in mock disbelief "oh no, don't get me wrong, I had a
wonderful fall. only the landing was poor!!"

Another time he had to board a train but due to the traffic jam we arrived
at the railway station as the train started picking speed. We frantically
tried to jump into the last compartment but unfortunately missed. He was a
bit annoyed and he muttered. "these trains should never have last
compartments, and even if they do have it should be somewhere in the
middle!"

After I came to the lord, one of the gifts he's given me is the gift of
Laughter. I've learnt to laugh at myself. I'm a very impetuous person by
nature. And a bit short tempered too. But when I look back at the follies I'
ve made. I just sit back and laugh. Even when I remember some incidents
where I was apparently hurt, laughter comes to my heart.

Folks at home and other places have all taken me to be a bafoon. I've always
been the butt of jokes for people around. Once I was so hurt becoz of the
way people used to pull my leg. I went to my mom & dad and said "people are
poking fun at me so much I'm feeling hurt!" and they told me with their
parental wisdom" if you can't beat them, join them!, have fun, laugh with
them too!" My parents may have been failures in other areas, but in this
area they've been a thumping success!. All the half dozen of us kids have
learnt how to laugh at ourselves. I've got so used to making a fool of
myself and laughing at my follies that it just doesn't matter these days.

There's this chorus many of you may know "Our God is an awsome God.." Well,
i alter it sometimes and i sing

My God is a funny God,
He reigns from heavn above,
with wisdom (humor), power and love
My God is a funny God..... (can u see a 100 watt smile across the face of
Jesus?):):)

Never take life too seriously; you'll never come out of it alive!ok. It is
my humble opinion that people who don't have a sense of humour will have
time in life only for inner healing retreats and nothing else!. I feel very
sorry for such poor souls. Just imagine spending about 300 hundred rupees
every other week for patching up the wounds that they've inflicted on
themselves becoz of an impoverished sense of humor!!. Every Jesus youth
should have a healthy sense of humor, otherwise you may soon be on the
highway to bankruptcy, both financial as well as emotional, and there's
nothing funny about that!

Learn to Laugh! after all our Lord is a funny lord!

Love and prayers in Jesus,

Josun Jose/New Delhi/India