you my beautiful friends,
greetings from windy chicago....yes it is since  long
that i made my "apparition' here ..some of you may be
wondering why such a long gap..is it due to the change
of hemisphere(hope right spelling?) any way none of
that sort..it is basically nothing much is happening
in my life these days... i mean worth writing... but i
too read all those good and humourous mails appearing
in  joy net..so keep it up friends...
well why now this mail....just thought of sharing some
thing iteresting..may 14 th was bijo thomas birth day.
i know many have seen the bday notification in joy
net..here i ilke to share some thing about this
beautiful person. bijo is a software engineer
basically from kottayam and now in chicago. he is
married to sini who was a 6 th batch full timer and
worked in bangloore  in the campus ministy. now they
have 18 months old daughter hima ( but we all call her
 "muthamma". she is such a lovly kid to hang around
with! absolute fun!
well bijo celebrated his 28th bday. he is one of the
brains behind joy net. he is the part of joy net admi.
a very silent worker. but a very committed person. i
first met him in 1995 when he was doing his post
graduate program in cochin uni. that was the time
jesus youth organised first batch final years program
and the venue was the catholic church in university
campus. it was the month of may and on the second day
onwards we faced problem with water. we were around 20
people there and the water level in the well was in
decline. so on the fourth day we realised that we
would not get enough water for the rest of the program
and we need to bring water from some other sources. so
we went out looking for water and managed to get
permission from a neighbour. but the problem was that
we had to fetch the water from a well which was half a
km away!since we had no other way we though of doing
it.and for my surprise i found bijo who lived in the
uni. hostel came to the church compound every morning
carrying water and filling the tank for the rest of
the day. he used to come and help in the evening shift
too to carry the water. it was a great inspiration for
all of us seeing a senior engineering student coming
from his hostel every morning,help us carry water and
fill the water tank then  move away queitly..i think i
will never forget that program...nor Bijo i think...
so now let us take few seconds and pray for bijo and
his family that he may continue to do the good work he
is doing wherever he is...

tail end: Bijo who is part of joy net admi. told me
that he didnt get the greeting mails for the email id
mentioned is wrong!!!!!
love you all heaps!
jos mathew chicago