Before shifting to Ernakulam, the home he had built and  lived in at
Idukki was a big one.There itself he made up his mind- 'Next time I build
a house,it is going to be a small one, and I will not spend much on it.' He
always wanted to lead a simple life and glorify God in everything.
 However, the house he built in Ernakulam also turned out to be a big one.
One day,sharing  with his cell mate,  he realised why he has built another
big house, though his desire had been to build a small one.
 Colleagues at the college often shared about  new designs/furnishings  when
they had constructed their houses.Also, building a big house would give  him
'good image' among his folks(brothers/parents) and wife's house(since they
thought he never cared enough for his family, being actively involved in the
Renewal).And......everyone else in the neighbourhood seemed to have  big
houses. Mainly these were the pressures that he gave in to,thus quenching
his initial desire.
Despite all this,he still wanted God to be glorified through his home.But
how?? After much thought,he got it..and immediately let his wife know about
it.
"If anyone comes to our house begging at mealtimes, we will invite the
person in and have our meal with him/her on our dining table. So then, when
he/she leaves, at least for that day,the person can thank  God that he was
able to dine in such a big house".
  This happens at George Sir's(as he is commonly called) house. He is the
Mission Team co-ordinator , Animator of the present KYCT . Both he and wife
are College Lecturers by profession.Both his sons are also JY.
    Everything in our lives can be done with a desire to bring more glory
to God. There are a million ways in which we can give glory to God-by
keeping
ourselves and our clothes neat and clean,keeping our hair appropriately
cared for, keeping our home tidy, suitable and pleasing.But all the more
,let us glorify God in our Christlike character as we " clothe ourselves
with compassion,kindness,humility, meekness and patience."
 Although we have been created to bring glory to God , we find this very
difficult. But let us not forget that " the Spirit of glory which is the
spirit of God is resting on us ( 1 Pet 4:14) and He is here to help us.

Love and prayers
Annie Berly/Cochin/India