My Dear Friends,

Recently, I had to shout at a very senior, retired person who had been in one of the
high offices. I was fully justified for my behaviour as the mistake was not at all in
my part. But, I felt really bad when I pondered the whole event and I was feeling
guilty that I shouted at a man who is of my grandpa’s age.   I was thinking as to how
could I have a humble heart at those moments.

Jesus tells us that the one who wants to be the greatest should be the servant of all
(Luke 22:26). Jesus was God and always had the nature of God. But, Jesus willingly
preferred to have the nature of a servant (Phil 2: 6-7). As a Jesus Youth, can we
follow this nature at all the situations of our lives?

I remember one incident that happened some years back. I went to the railway station
to go to Bombay. I did not have a confirmed ticket. I was very reluctant to go with a
waitlisted ticket but my friends told me that I could easily find a place as there
would not be much rush. They also told me that it is just the question of one night
and many of them have traveled to Bombay very comfortably with waitlisted tickets.
When I reached there, I saw a very heavy rush. I went to the general compartment and
could not even get in as the compartment was jam-packed. I did not know what to do. I
then got into a reserved compartment and sat down in a seat. I was a bit scared as it
was for the first time I was travelling without a confirmed ticket.  After sometime, a
person who was sitting near to me asked me whether I have a seat or not. I think he
could make out from my face that I didn’t have a seat. When I told him that I did not
have a confirmed seat, he told me to get into the uppe!
r b
erth and sleep. He told me that they had 3-4 berths and they would adjust somehow. I
was very grateful to him and I slept in the upper berth. This man was a Muslim and his
wife, children and his mother were there with him.

When I got up in the morning, I was shocked to see his wife and his small child
sleeping on the floor. I felt really sorry for them. But the man was telling me to
take it easy. I was thinking as to how would I treat this sort of situations. I know I
would never have allowed anybody to occupy my seat. This humble man taught me a great
lesson of humility. I think he had a true Christian nature – a nature of a humble
servant.

I think all of us must endeavour to develop a servant’s heart in our personality. We
are bound to do it as we have been given much and we are supposed to pay it back. The
word of God says that ‘much is required from person to whom much is given’ (Luke
12:48). We may have to take a lot of efforts initially but once it is imprinted in our
personality, it will automatically come out as and when necessary. Let us ask the Holy
Ghost to guide us in our efforts.

Praise God!

Love, Sibi

---
I can do all things in Him who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13)
Sibi Joseph
Ahmedabad, India
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]