VERSE:
   Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the
name that is above every name...
    -- Philippians 2:9

THOUGHT:
   For Jesus, Graciousness + Guts + Giving + Grit = Glory.   Just
one of those equations in salvation math that doesn't make much
human sense, but from the perspective of faith, it is powerful
wisdom.  Jesus came to our world because of the graciousness of
God.  Jesus had the "guts" to leave behind heaven and face the
hardships of humanity, and give of himself to serve others.  Jesus
had the grit to endure the horrors and humiliation of the cross.
So God has shared with Jesus his glory and placed him above all
others.  The apostle Paul wants to remind us that God doesn't
forget our sacrifices, our obedience, and our hardships.  He does
honor them with his pleasure and his glory because Jesus' sacrifice
has made us holy!

PRAYER:
   Holy Father and Lord God, I believe that Jesus Christ is your
Son and my Savior and Lord.  I surrender my heart to have no rival
interest to the lordship of your Son.  Thank you for your wonderful
gift of love in him.  In Jesus' name. Amen.