Hi Friends,

I dispute the theory of lack of knowledge in the case of carrying the Holy
Eucharist out of the Church. I have not come across any church or priest
giving Holy Communion to any person without proper instructions. From my
childhood up to now I have had the opportunity or responsibility to prepare
several individual aspirants, including newly-converted people and people
coming from non-Catholic denominations, to receive the Holy Communion.
Small children who cannot understand its significance and value are not
given Holy Communion.
Only in recent times the Holy Communion is given in hand. Otherwise it has
been given on the tongue.
So the ignorance theory does not hold water. Anybody carrying the Holy
Communion is doing so willfully for a different purpose.
Every parish has arrangements for giving Holy Communion to the sick and
people in remote areas. Either a priest or an authorised layman does it.
The parish priest or any responsible person should only be approached for
the purpose. They willignly do the needful. Even in places and countries
where churches are not allowed and therefore offering Holy Mass is
impossible the church authorities have designated persons who are
authorised to give Holy Communion.
So beware of people taking the Holy Communion out of the church. Challenge
them whenever you come across such a thing. Satisfy yourself that the Holy
Communion is not misused. It is part of defending our faith.
God bless you
With love and prayers
Joseph Lonth
Duabi, UAE