Hi Joynetters,
Firstly a Big Thank you to Lonth Uncle for sharing his own experience  in a simple yet
clear manner.
A few Points I would like to add here for all those who say Vaastu is only a science
and thus can be accepted.
Firstly we are not against Vaastu Shastra because it is Hindu Tradition, that would be
wrong on our part to do so. We also reject Feng shui which is Chinese in origin but
similiar in concept.
We are against Vaastu or Feng shui because it is against Christian Teaching and
Belief.
Let me explain,
The proponents and experts of Vaastu say that your gate should be in this direction,
your altar should be in this direction ,you should sleep in such and such direction
etc. There maybe some scientific wisdom in it no doubt, but what is the end result for
which we are asked to do the same.
To  Gain Happiness, Prosperity in life and for our family members.
As Christians we Know for a fact that it is God our Jehovah-Jireh " The Provider" who
supplies all our needs and gives us this happiness and prosperity because he loves us
If what Vaastu says is True then I Think the world doesnt need God at all.
If I have a 100% Vaastu house does it mean that i will live in prosperity for ever? Am
I Saved? I dont know.
But One Thing I do Know is that the Vaastu consultant will surely have a prosperous
life from then on ,for all the money he will charge me for the same.
It is very easy as we have seen, to turn this argument from a Good versus Bad
discussion, to a science versus faith Discussion.
There are many things in this world which go in the guise of Science.
Even Occult and Black magic is considered Science " Kali Vidya" it is called.
Even Practices like Abortion are scientific in nature.
Does it mean we have to accept them.? Just because they are science.
True science is one which realises that it doesnt have a definitive answer for all
questions, what it can give us are theories and suggestions based on what is observed.
Faith comes to our rescue when science stops. Faith is not opposed to reason it
extends beyond reason.
human Reasoning is finite and Has an end. faith is a Gift from God who is eternal and
has no end.
Let us Realise That when we practice or Propogate Vaastu, Feng-shui and anyother such
practices we are challenging the Power and Prominence of God in our lives. Then we
cannot call our selves christians. Because Christ will not be at the center of our
family Home but at the North east corner of it.( As per vaastu, Family altars should
be in the Northeast corner of the house).
Love and Prayers

Ravi

 Joseph lonth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:>My Dear JYs
We had a very long and highly informative discussion (sometimes breaking
into personal collision) in Vastu Shastra.

Simply it means when you construct a building especially residential house
two things are important - light and air. Looking at the layout of the land
and the direction experts can help the house have ample light and good air
circulation both of which make healthy living condition. This has nothing
to do with religious faith or superstition. But the people consulted or who
consider themselves experts add many things to these simple needs and make
it appear complex and extra-mundane.

When I needed a house there was one available for sale. Although it was
not ideally spacious to my liking after praying and discerning I decided to
purchase it. There was a medium sized cross across the road and people
started saying a house rising above a cross is a dangerous place to live.
Secondly a house very close to a place of worship is not good for living.
Probably this has prompted the owner to sell it. However, I considered the
above things a blessing and bought it.

After completing the remaining works it was blessed and after the
housewarming a very close relative observed that the main gate is on the
south and the regular gate on the west and the house facing the west was
bad as per Vasthu and therefore hinder prosperity. I just told him that
when God created He marked the directions but never attach any special
importance or bad effects to any one of them.

Four years have passed.

In the meanwhile my son came out 19th rank in the Kerala medical entrance
exam of 2001 and got admission to MBBS in Govt Medical College Trivandrum
(among seven other entrance offers).
I have purchased a Volks Wagon Passat for nearly Rs8.5 lakh and rubber
plantation for Rs45 lakh.

I have always tried to live as per the instructions of the Lord as narrated
in the promises of Deuteronomy 28: 1-14. That's my strength and my secret.
All other things are false beliefs and cannot deliver the goods.
God bless you
With love and prayers
Joseph Lonth
Dubai, UAE

To get a standard help message on the list services send a mail to