Let's Face the Truth

'If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know
the truth, and the truth will set you free.' John 8: 31,32

When Jesus said 'you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free',
he was also talking about one accepting the truth of his state before God. The
mighty life-changing truth, which is God's word cannot help us until we are
willing to bow humbly before Him, and accept the truth of where we are.

If the truth that sets free is head-knowledge then the Pharisees would have
been the most liberated people in their time. You know they were the best
theologians around. Yet because the refused to face up with the truth of the
state of their heart, the truth could not help them.

In John 8:33, listen to what these Jews said when they were told this glorious
truth that the truth will set them free. 'We are Abraham's descendants and
have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?'

But tell me, were they free? Even in the physical realm they were under
political slavery to Rome, yet they said they were free. When we refuse to let
God be true and every man a liar, we can never benefit from his grace.

Some of us are unwilling to strip ourselves naked before God and allow the
light of his truth search us out and expose us for what we are. That is why we
remain the same year-after-year inspite of our multiplied religious
activities. It is not enough to faithfully do bible studies, we must be
willing to let the Word show us who we are.

We need not fear about letting the Word expose us, because every lack that is
brought to light will find abundant provision. When the truth shows us we are
blind and we acknowledge it, we will find that we recieve sight.

Source: Chims Write

urs in faith

Jason
Mumbai, India