Please act on this
Please take a moment to read this:

Last Friday, the Oprah show covered a story of a Nigerian woman, Amina Lawal, who has been sentenced to death by stoning because she had a baby out of wedlock. She has tried to appeal the decision but has been unsuccessful, thus far. The head of Nigeria disagrees with these stonings but has so far done nothing--partly because of the fear
of not being re-elected. I should also note that the father of the baby denied fathering the child and, hence, has escaped any form of punishment.

Amina Lawal's stoning will occur as soon as she is finished nursing her child. She will be buried up to her neck in dirt and townsmen will throw stones at her head until they kill her--which has been known to take hours. I send out a plea to all the women receiving this e-mail andto all the men raised by women to join me and many others to
help prevent this horrific and inhumane event from occurring.

All you have to do is visit the Oprah website
www.oprah.com/promo/tows_promo_amina_qx.jhtml click on the Amina Lawal pop up screen and you will see a pre-written letter addressed to the Nigerian Ambassador. Just fill out your information on the bottom of the page and send it. It's as simple as that. You can even go one step further and forward this e-mail to your friends so they can be part ofthe mission to save Amina Lawal.

It's our chance to save one woman's life. We can claim ignorance when we know nothing about these events occurring but there is no justification if we standby and allow these events to take place when we are fully aware of them. Let's make everyone we know fully aware of this one.
Jento
http://www.netmails.com/members/daje/