----- Original Message -----
From: "Ravi Vaz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Wilson Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "JoYNet"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "PRADEEP GEORGE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 10:08 AM
Subject: [JOYnet] My comments on Falling in love before mariage is wrong

> HI Joynetters,
>
> I think i will have to disagree with what wilson has pointed out here..
> Falling in love is not a Sin of adultery  and not wrong either...
> It is a perfectly normal human emotion
> It is what you do as a result of falling in love that can become sin or
wrong ...if proper care isnt taken..
> I feel that we should understand and spend some time with a person we are
interested in.. before thinking abt marriage..
> we cannot do trial and error in such an important aspect of life..by first
getting married and then trying to figure out how to get the relationship to
work..
> We should be  more practical in such things..
> I feel that we shouldnt be so rigid and harsh abt it..
> Just because u love someone doesnt mean u will get married to that
person..
> there are other practical concerns that act as barriers to doing so..
Which is gods way of telling us whether a relationship will work or not..
> Please do not confuse the meaning of the word love..
> there are many types of love in this world.. fatherly and motherly love,
brotherly love..
> agape love, friendly love, erotic love.. etc..
> we cannot just generalise and say that love means  erotic or sexual love..
and then criticise it..
> Please understand that like bible verses, even situations in life are to
be understood in context...else it can be dangerous..
> Let u not be too fundamentalist in our thinking...let us learn the beauty
of being moderate..and not extreme.
> Love and prayers
>
> ravi
>

>  Wilson Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Pradeep,
>
> You are absolutely wrong. Falling in love before marriage is wrong, either
> for flesh, or for whatever divine relation we call it. I can show you
> hundreds of youngsters believing in these and get cheated. The "right" for
> God is not the "right" we choose, but He choose. He choose not as we
think,
> but through "OTHER" right persons in right time. If we choose like modern
> society, we will be changing it every now and then. That is where the
> "Spirit of the World" will guide us through. Please dont get cheated... If
> we are lacking love in our life, don't borrow it from the street, but get
it
> abundantly from Jesus.
>
> If you think that a girl is chosen for you, get married first with the
> permission of your guardians and Church. Then love her with whole your
> heart. Anything outside that is adultery. If not, we don't need such a
> divine sacrament called marriage. ONLY by this sacrament two flesh becomes
> one.
>
> Praise the Lord
>
> Wilson Thomas
> Singapore