Okay, before it was just a teaser. Now you can have every bit of it.
Example: http://www.nathanhammond.com/jssm/test/
Source: http://www.nathanhammond.com/jssm/jquery.jssm.zip

The archive includes the absurdly well-documented JavaScript source
file, a plugin for jQuery to make it easy, the example site, and
assorted other goodies. Now that I'm done with it, I won't lie: this
is based on RSH, but intended to replace it--if for no other reason
than it being actively maintained. A later version will remove all
external library dependencies and provide a fully-functioning
JavaScript-library-independent history manager.

What I'm hoping for from this community:
- Somebody to come up with a real name for the project because I'm not
very clever at naming things.
- Somebody so inclined to give it the harshest code review in terms of
optimization, organization, and poor design you can come up with.
- A few good people to take it on a test drive in your favorite (or
not so favorite) browser. (And to let me know if it is broken
anywhere.)

Once I've got a real name for this thing, I'll find it a home on
Google Code, so that is probably the number one priority!

Enjoy! And please have a look!
Nathan Hammond

PS: If you're interested, I have a site that has a much better example
of this in action that I can send out privately.