I saw this thread a half hour ago or so and decided to take a poke at
it. Took me a while to find the querySelectorAll bit because I'm a
newbie here and don't know the codebase.

Anyway, it looks like when we are in quirks mode, Safari is case-
insensitive in querySelectorAll, but strict about it. Only takes lower
case, else returns nothing. I think this is a bug, considering the
latest WebKit build is truly case-insensitive. Can we detect this
condition and toLowerCase the query?
-Sidney