On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:57:50 -0800, John Resig <jere...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The 'jump' Kazzie mentioned is clearly visible at the slideToggle page
>> at the docs, using IE7:
>>
>> http://docs.jquery.com/Effects/slideToggle#demo
>
> Correct, we already have that test case - I was asking Janis if there
> was another test case and which browsers were having trouble,
> specifically, with the case that he mentioned.
>
> --John

Is there still a need for a further test case on this? I'm having the same
issue with 1.3.1 on this page:

http://www.shair.it/faqs

The jump is particulaly bad in FF 3 but I also see it in other browsers...
The relevant code is very simple:

var $h2;
var $answer;
$('.answer').hide();
$('#faq h2').bind(
     'click',
     function()
     {
         if ($h2 && $h2[0] != this) {
             $answer.slideUp();
             $h2.removeClass('open');
         }
         $h2 = $(this);
         $answer = $h2.next();
         $answer.slideDown();
         $h2.addClass('open');
     }
)

I understand previous versions of jquery had problems animating stuff with
margins or padding but that doesn't seem to be the case here... Removing
all margins and padding doesn't seem to make any difference...

Cheers,

Kelvin :)