By the way, I have re-posted this in the jquery-ui-dev list, but just
to clarify...

I don't mean simple language internationalization, I mean supporting
multiple calendar systems,
for example the Coptic Calendar which which has 13 months, twelve with
exactly 30 days each and one variable (depending on leap year)

Typically, this would mean that the rendering would need some
additional parametrization allowing for
calculations to be based on some standard millisecond interval since
an epoch (usually beginning of 1970) and parameters such as (#months
in year).

- Eric