I bet is the classic banner, spot, or JS effect to attach to the mouse and
somebody asked him why it is not attached since the beginning ... well,
Marcus, if it is the case tell them that the browser is inside a window and
if the user is not interacting with that window there's nothing you can do
via web except create a plugin to download, even more disturbing ;-)

In every other case, I am curios as well .... but thanks to this issue I
discovered that onmouseover in internet explorer isfired ONLY if the
document.body is already present in the DOM, somwthing that could be useful
for the doScroll interception as well (since Diego is reading this post)