i know, i have no problem to make my script work if i specifically
tweak my load() calls but i would like to set it in one place.

See:  http://pixeline.be/test/loadanim/demo.html

The buttons use the same div, shape it to the same size as the load
container and display it. i would like to automate that behaviour
instead of having to attach it to all 'click' events.