Hello -

Interesting work, congrats!

A couple quick points:

Kind of disconcerting that it's actually not being integrated into
another library - that's where much of the hard part comes from (and
speed degradation).

It's also curious because the MooTools team complained when I compared
Sizzle to MooTools rather than Sizzle to just the MooTools selector
engine. Being able to see those results would be interesting.

Finally, the lack of unit tests is really worrying:
http://github.com/digitarald/sly/blob/4224ff310ab5ce91b398270f3dbd6d39a7590f5d/Specs/Utilities/Sly.js

For example, right now the jQuery test suite includes hundreds of
obscure and difficult problems that we need to work around - we took
much of our performance hit in getting those right (not to mention,
integrating them directly in to another framework).

--John