(via
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/687495/is-there-any-way-to-make-two-jquery-animations-run-properly-simultaneously)

I played around with your syncAnimate function a fair bit. Here are
the outstanding problems I encountered:
1) There's still a little bit of jumpiness
2) It gets "confused" by rapid changes. In my test (using hover rather
than click) it occasionally forgot to collapse divs.

Otherwise though, great job. I'll be watching the development of this
very closely.

Tom