I don't think this is a bug, if you go ahead and remove an element it
is quite normal to assume that you would want the binding on that
element to be removed as well in order to save ressources. In most
cases a removed element is not going to come back, otherwise it's
easier to just move it out of view instead or modify it instead.

You can always bind the event on <li> creation / addition maybe?

But if you remove the <li> simply to load/create an other <li> but
with a differtent image for exemple, then why not just edit the <li>
and never removed it?

Also I would have thought a general li binding wouldn't break, it
depends if your binding is on unique id or on the <li> tag