Thanks Jonah.

I use something like that elsewhere (an HTTP handler that logs "get strings"
sent to it and returns an image) but I can't see a
clean way of making it fit into this job.

A little more detail.

My service has a bunch of methods that accept posted data and return various
things like serialized content of drop downs and xhtml
formatted reports.

It's a nice clean architecture (compiled code on the server, jQuery on the
browser).

I would like to have the ability to log exceptions on the browser, if they
occur in selected places (within try catch structures).
This would bring browser issues into line with server side code, where I'm
logging exceptions.  I'd really like a uniform mechanism,
in line with my remote method calls via jQuery.  (But without any unneeded
complexity.)

I'm abstracted away from the marshalling plumbing with jQuery, which I like.

I could create an alternate XMLHTTP handler (in JavaScript) which throws the
callback/response away, but I'd prefer not to do that.

Regards,

Mike Gale

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee/s.

If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution or
reproduction of this message is prohibited without prior written consent.  Any
views expressed in this message may not reflect the
views of Decision Engineering.