Rick, from what I understand the reason we singled out Safari was we were
having an issue with fadeIn, here is the code I found in subversion:

if ($.browser.safari) {
        // Safari fadeIn fix- just display it straight.
        $("#components a.SingleImage" + currentPage +
"_plcSideContent1").css("display", "inline");
    }
    else {
        $("#components a.SingleImage" + currentPage +
"_plcSideContent1").fadeIn("fast");
    }

I'll have to get more info if you need it from the developer that posted it
when he get's back from lunch.

Thanks,
Ralph