> I can't tell you if it means it is not supported at all or if it ignored or
> cause errors but AFAIK Safari 2 for Mac is not in the jQuery compatibility
> list, is it?

It's not in the compatibility list but we don't want to go out of our
way to intentionally break browsers either. As it stands the code
works, it could be simplified slightly (by only using .text) but if
it's at the expense of losing functionality for a browser then I don't
really think we should do it.

--John