We are experiencing the exact same behavior, but specifically with IE6, and
only intermittently (although often enough to be extremely annoying).  So
far, looking at iehttpheaders, we see that a POST is made to the server, and
on the server side we see the request coming through.  In the client, we see
the onreadystatechange event fire off, but readystate is always 1, and thus
the readystatechange will continue to loop infinitely.  Intermittently, the
server seems to think there are no request parameter values from the POSTed
data.

It's very puzzling and frustrating, any help would be very welcome.

jeff bonevich
sr. software developer
compendia bioscience, inc.