Using the current jquery-nightly.js in IE8 under Windows 7
(preinstalled on a Dell Zino HD) gives the following error dialog as
soon as the page loads:

    Message from webpage

    /!\ Stack overflow at line: 1456

This is easy to replicate with just a page that loads jQuery and does
nothing else:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://
www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
xhtml'>
<head>
  <title>Test</title>
  <script src="jquery-nightly.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>
Hello world

The version I'm looking at is this:
$ ls -l jquery-nightly.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 brian brian 151515 2009-12-30 15:17 jquery-nightly.js
$ md5sum jquery-nightly.js
4b9d3ce23235cdc749f1c9f6bdef3f6d  jquery-nightly.js
$ head -10 jquery-nightly.js
/*!
 * jQuery JavaScript Library v1.4a2pre
 * http://jquery.com/
 *
 * Copyright (c) 2009 John Resig
 * Dual licensed under the MIT or GPL Version 2 licenses.
 * http://docs.jquery.com/License
 *
 * Date: Mon Dec 14 01:15:02 2009 -0500
 */

And here is line 1456:

        proxy: function( fn, proxy, thisObject ) {
                if ( proxy !== undefined && !jQuery.isFunction
( proxy ) ) {    <<<< 1456
                        thisObject = proxy;
                        proxy = undefined;
                }

Is this a known problem, and is there a known workaround? I was trying
out the nightly build to see if it fixes an issue I have with
jquery-1.3.2 (#5732)

Thanks,

Brian.