As a number of people have mentioned in a previous thread (http://
groups.google.com/group/jquery-dev/browse_thread/thread/
94cd4ab2543d3b01/a62a699a01d4f425?lnk=gst&q=nightly&pli=1), and
elsewhere in #jquery on freenode-- the nightly at
http://code.jquery.com/nightlies/jquery-nightly.js isn't quite nightly
enough.

I've set up a cronjob to build a true nightly on my site, with a
console.log() message reminding you to not be a horrible person and
abuse the link:

http://www.miketaylr.com/jquery-nightly/jquery-nightly.js

What I'm doing is rather simple, so I wonder if jquery.com could do
basically the same thing, what with your VIP hosting.

#!/bin/bash
cd ~/src;
rm -rf jquery;
git clone git://github.com/jquery/jquery.git;
cd jquery;
make;
cd dist/;
cat /home/miketaylr/src/alert.txt jquery.js >> jquery-nightly.js;
cp jquery-nightly.js /home/miketaylr/miketaylr.com/jquery-nightly/
jquery-nightly.js;