Actually, let me respond again to welcome you to the list. jquery-dev exists to
discuss the development of jQuery itself and is not the right place to ask
questions about plugins. jquery-en (<http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en>)
is better, but getting in touch with the plugin author directly or using the
support requests page I linked to earlier is best.

You might want to read "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" at
<http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

If the plugin isn't under active development or you just want to talk to other
users about jQuery 1.4 compatibility, use on jquery-en.

Before you say that something just "stopped working", it is ESSENTIAL that you
put together a minimal test case (as a web page) and put it online somewhere.
Writing the page will help you better understand the problem and makes it easy
for other users to see where the trouble is — which makes it much more likely
that someone will offer their help.

A test page for this problem might look like this:
http://external.sidneysm.com/jquery.scrollTo_1.4.html

I tried it out in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome and can't find anything wrong.