IIRC the jQuery team said that Web Socket features aren't being
considered right now because very few browsers support them, and
equally few website take or plan to take advantage of them in the near
future. It's not worth the space to put support in every copy of
jQuery.

jQuery is also most useful when browsers' APIs are lacking or
inconsistent. I don't think we know yet if Web Sockets even need its
help.

If they do, you or someone else should write a plugin, and if the Web
Sockets situation changes, support will be baked in.