Huh? You want to open a WebSocket connection not widely supported yet in order to accept a single message and load it into a node, abusing a feature for something it's not meant for, requiring extra unnecessary work on the server, and completely ditching the browser's http caching ability?

tato wrote:
Hi  Friesen
I Had forgotten to answer this question

How much shorter can jQuery possibly make that?

Of course, there are a variety of writing, a sample of one

$("# board")
    .wsload("ws://example.com")
    .css({color: "red"})

Sample