I am not a programmer by profession, but a surgeon and doing a lil bit
of programming is my hobby.
Ok, my question is how do I select and apply function etc to all but
one element.
For example I have 3 divs with a class test. Each of these have an
individual id, say itemId1,itemId2,itemId3.
Now I want to write code like this

$(document).ready(function(){
$('.test').click(function(){
        $(this).animate(
        {left:'0'},
        'slow'
        );

The animate gets applied to all three divs. But what I want to do is
to apply this animate effect to only one that is clicked and at the
same time some other animate effect to the other two which are not
clicked. How do I select the other two divs and apply another animate
function on those two divs? I thought about it and tried many ways but
nothing worked.
Any help to this novice would be appreciated with high regards.
thanks