The "selector turbo" plugin is a good idea. But, in this case, all the
selector code in the core will be useless using these plugin. Maybe it's a
good time to have custom builds.

On 4/2/07, Glen Lipka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I agree.  At many big corporations you already have scripts that are
required.  Google analytics scripts, Survey scripts, offermatica scripts,
e-commerce scripts.  Plus the general cruft of legacy scripts for a myriad
of purposes.  Not to mention all the screenshots and 100K of marketing text.

Selling jQuery as the answer for client-side interactivity is much easier
when we say, "It's only 20k"

This implies using jQuery on sites that need speed and do not have a ton
of "selecting" to do.

For more intensive sites with larger selecting needs, I think it might be
worthwhile to have a "Selector Turbo" plugin that might be large, but will
increase selector speed for applications that need it.  Is something like
this possible?

Glen