I'm trying to figure out the best way to solve this problem. I have a form
where keyboard navigation is important.

When the focus is applied to a certain element, I'm popping up a DIV with a
form field element.

Now here's my dilemma: When the user pressing [TAB] or [SHIFT]+[TAB] I need
to emulate the functionality the browser would natively do if it was on the
original element.

This means it must go to the next/last active element (form field, link,
etc.)

Anyone have any good selector ideas? This page contains *tons* of DOM
elements and layered tables (ugh, I know--legacy app I'm supporting) so
speed is important.

-Dan