*The worst thing ever??  Come on.  Have you tried Microsoft Bob?*

On 4/4/07, Chris W. Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:48 PM Glen Lipka <> said:

> Top posting, bottom posting. (Age old dillema - or at least 10 years
> old) Is it acceptable to erase the message and just post?  Like this?

That's the worst thing ever! It makes it almost impossible to get
context unless you've already been following along with the entire
thread.

*Or should I have said that here?*
**
On a serious note, I think it totally depends on the mail reader.  For
example, I use Gmail.  I tag everything from the group with a label and
archive it.  (Using a filter).  Gmail happens to be really good at keeping
the thread together and I never delete anything.  I literally have the
entire thread on the screen.  Its almost like a forum with no pagination
(pagination-yuck).

However, on a different client (like Outlook or Outlook Express) you get a
totally different view.  Those clients are not designer to "keep
everything".  There context is much more important.

I would venture to say that this is a touchy issue.  Everyone has a view on
it, usually based on the view of their mail client. ;)

So is there an ettiquette rule to follow here on 1. What to delete when
replying (if any) and 2. Where to post? (top or bottom)