Dan G. Switzer, II schrieb:
Last night I threw together a quick plug-in that can be used to get/set the
value of any form field. This works with checkbox, radio and select
elements--which the val() method doesn't handle.

I basically just took the core from an old JSAPI I wrote (qForms) and grab
the core getter and setters.

Anyway, I've got preview of the plug-in up at:
http://www.pengoworks.com/workshop/jquery/field.plugin.htm

My intention is too add some of the functionality that people like about
qForms into this plug-in as time permits.

I'm interested in hearing your feedback on this.
What type is returned for checkboxes and multiple-selects? An array?

You could use input:radio instead of [EMAIL PROTECTED] etc., though there is no :select-one or :select-multiple.

You may want to take a look at form's plugin fieldValue method. It doesn't provide setting values (afaik, Mike?), maybe you can merge your efforts with Mike's.

Anyway, useful stuff for interactive forms!

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de