Thanks Christian!

I just pasted that in and indeed, now there isn't a JS
error and it sorts correctly by title. However, now
something strange is happening and the other fields
don't sort -- they all sort by title! The date
specifically is what I just tried.

Here are two sample pages:

http://anime-planet.com/users/reviewindex.php?usersid=19

^^this page has always worked, because it has no
special character names

http://anime-planet.com/users/reviewindex.php?usersid=1
^^the "problem child" page. The title does now work.

Also, here's the tablesorter initialization:

$("#userreviewtable").tableSorter({
        sortColumn: 'title',
        stripingRowClass: ['alt2','alt'],
        stripeRowsOnStartUp: true,
        textExtractionType: ['title']
});

And one other question: is it possible to do multiple
columns for textExtraction (using a comma, two
separate lines for it, etc)? There is one other column
(score) that in theory should be able to have either
nothing, or a number.

Note: I'm still down with helping you on the
documentation front :)

thanks!
-kim

--- Christian Bach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>